November 7th, 2011
45th Annual Maple Leaf Festival Theme Celebrates Carthage’s Innovation and Legacy
CARTHAGE, MISSOURI – Planning for the 45th Annual Maple Leaf Festival, hosted by the Carthage Chamber of Commerce, is well underway as the theme for this fall’s event is unveiled. The theme “Celebrating Carthage: Innovation & Legacy” was submitted by local resident Sheila Gunlock and is meant to showcase the companies and people behind Carthage’s industrial revolution.
Maple Leaf committee co-chairperson Jeanine Poe says she is “thrilled that we are recognizing the rich heritage of Carthage’s industry and the legacy it has left and continues to leave”.
The planning committee is now accepting entries for the Maple Leaf Artwork Contest to select the graphic design for the festival. The selected art will be included in all coordinating marketing, including the official brochure, for the annual city celebration set for October 8-15 in Carthage. Parade entries, booth vendors, event contestants, and other Maple Leaf Festival participants are encouraged to incorporate the theme into all parts of this year’s festivities.
Guidelines for submitting artwork:
- Submitted artwork must be no larger than 8.5” X 14”
- Digital artwork is accepted (JPEG and PDF format only with a minimum output of 600 dpi)
- Non-digital pieces must be submitted on white paper (no 3-D images, sculptures or animated entries will be accepted)
- For maximum reproduction quality, vivid colors are encouraged
- All entries must include the phrases “45th Annual Maple Leaf” and “Celebrating Carthage: Innovation & Legacy” and should incorporate images representing Carthage, the Maple Leaf Festival and this year’s theme
- All entries become the property of the Carthage Chamber of Commerce
All entries must be received by the Chamber office by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15th. For more information, contact Mary Jo at the Carthage Chamber of Commerce, 417-358-2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.