September 18th, 2017
Maple Leaf Pageant Changes
As with everything, change is inevitable and usually for the better. A recent change to the Maple Leaf pageant structure is just such a change. You may be asking, Maple Leaf already, but it will be here before we know it and we don’t want to surprise our pageant lovers. Full pageant application packets including rules, regulations, deadlines, and requirements are available on carthagemapleleaf.com but the quick snapshot of dates, times, and ages for each pageant looks like the following:
• Baby Pageant to be held Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. 0-12 months of age, boys and girls, $5 entry fee.
• Toddler Pageant to be held Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. 13-up to 24 months of age, boys and girls, $5 entry fee. If your child has had their 2nd birthday on or before September 30, they will compete as a Little Miss or Mister.
• Little Miss and Little Mister Pageants to be held Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. 2 years of age through 1st grade, boys and girls, $15 entry fee.
• Princess and Prince Pageant to be held Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. Grade 2-grade 8, boys and girls, $15 entry fee.
• Queen Pageant to be held Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Grades 9-12, girls only, $50 sponsorship fee.
Trisha Swoveland is the Chair of the Maple Leaf pageants ages 2- Maple Leaf Queen. She says of the changes: There are 2 reasons that I decided to change the ages on the Little Miss and Mister and Princess pageants and delete the Jr. Miss title. Last year for the 50th Anniversary of the Maple Leaf Festival, we decided to add a special category, Maple Leaf Prince, for young men up through the 8th grade. This went over very well so we decided to keep it this year. Because we added that category last year we deleted the Jr. Miss title and expanded the age range for the Princess title. However, that left a huge age division for the Prince and Princess of K-8th grade. Little Miss and Mister was 2 years to 4 years. So, we decided to divide them a little more evenly this year. The Little Miss and Mister pageant is now aged 2 years through 1st grade. And the Prince and Princess pageant is 2nd grade through 8th grade.
Call the Chamber of Commerce for more information, 417-358-2373.